Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer is here

Today was the first day of the year where it actually felt a little like Summer! It has been raining non stop for the last few weeks so I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the outdoors any time soon. This morning though, Jeff and I headed up Waterton Canyon to go for a bike ride. We rode up to this dam which was pretty cool. I also discovered how hard it is to try and take pictures while operating a moving bike, which explains the blurriness. After getting horribly sunburned (my first burn of the year!) we went to Pier 1 only to discover they do not do registries. We are running out of options and are thinking about registering at Dick's and REI... Just kidding! We'll probably stick with Target and BB&B. After that 15 minutes of 'shopping' which is about the most either of us can tolerate anyway, we went back to bbq with our lonely puppy. Even our cat, Pazzo came out to play in the sun! Not for long though, after about 2 minutes of being chased around by the big dumb dog she was crying to go back inside. I'd show the picture of our yummy steak and gorganzola green beans, but as usual it just looks like a big pile of slop! Happy beginning of Summer everyone!

7 comments:

  1. It is beautiful weather we are having!! Got to love those beautiful mountains! Who took the picture of the two of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh the dam looks fun...I too learned that taking pics while riding a bike is difficult this weekend...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to join the ranks of bloggers and try to take pictures loping from Stanley....stay tuned! Your bike ride looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check it out...queenofdirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete