
So a new hobby that I've picked up recently is going to Baby's R Us (or any other like store) and walking around aimlessly. Jeff and I went the other week and low and behold I found something to waste money on! It's this gadget that is supposed to pick up your baby's heart beat. It says it only works in the third trimester, but I wanted to give it a try anyway. I set it up tonight and decided to give it a whirl...

Either my baby's heart beat sounds like a giant static wind storm, or it's just not close enough for the thing to work. I did however learn that my heart is beating regularly, always good to know. So I will not say this purchase was a waste because I still have hope that it will work in seven more weeks.

Isn't this shirt cute? I knew I said I wouldn't bring it up again, but the gals at work are all voting for boy since I am carrying the little one high. Boy is in the lead now!
We have one of the heart beat monitors from when I was pregnant with Tyler. I think we got it to work three times. Yours looks like a different brand than ours, so maybe it will be more successful! I'd say those three times were more than worth it anyways :) Have fun!
ReplyDeleteGadgets, gadgets... you are silly! The windstorm is most likely the sound of your placenta and when the baby moves around. Some kids are uncooperative and they are hard to find. Either way, looks like fun and can't be a horrible waste of cash, you'll have more than one kid and you can use it multiple times (one of my favorites excuses for frivolous purchases)!
ReplyDeleteoh there are always things to waste money on.... :) gadgets are fun! hope it works at some point! nice shirt!
ReplyDeleteoh i like the new colors of your blog page. You would think in this day and age of gadgets that it would be easy to make a heart monitor work real well, good luck !!! I want to walk by the rich people houses maybe we can find each other soon i will keep my phone on.
ReplyDelete