One thing Highlands Ranch is missing (and most of Colorado as well!) are good old fashioned ice cream parlors. I have been an ice cream junkie...in moderation... this pregnancy but Dairy Queen and Coldstone just aren't cutting it. I've passed this parlor several times in the last few years but have never made a stop in. With my Mom in town we figured it was the perfect opportunity to go check it out!
They've been around for over 25 years and make all of their flavors homemade. I had to try the triple death chocolate....heavenly! The best part is they have good old fashioned ice cream malts and sodas, yum. Johanna thoroughly enjoyed her vanilla ice cream 'itty bitty' cone. The past few days she's been battling a cold and hasn't had much of an appetite. She didn't have any problems plowing that little cone down!


I have a bit of a cold too and I agree with Johanna that sounds like the perfect fix. I made a frozen strawberry smoothie today.
ReplyDeleteLOVE Bonnie Brae! What a great place to take your mom! Yum! I'm going to have to take a trip soon too :)
ReplyDelete