Saturday, May 7, 2011

Catch Up

Johanna and I have been so busy this last week I haven't had a chance to update the blog. Our computer downstairs has come down with a nasty virus and so I am left with our laptop circa 2004. For some reason it has a thing against google and will not allow me to check my email or comment on any one's blog page that is set to private. So if I am not commenting it's not because I don't love you :)
 This lovely laptop also takes forever loading pictures making it a pain to blog. I have been working on this entry for about 3 days a little at a time while watching t.v. That and it is missing the E key. Of all keys it has to be E. Why not Q or better yet Z?  So since E is found in the majority of all words that I use, I find myself banging the keypad excessively to get all letters out. So you can see why I haven't blogged in a while. Anyway...Johanna loves splashing in her little tub.
Who needs bath toys when you have some awesome kitchen measuring cups... Got to taste test them.
We've been spending a lot of time hanging out with some of our friends from my MOPS group. This is Noah, he is 8 months old. He has so much hair he has already had three hair cuts since his birth. Johanna likes to grab it by the hand full and pull. Hopefully she grows out of this habit or Noah might not want to be her friend anymore.
She is now obsessed with  sitting up like a 'big girl.' If you lie her on her back she immediately tries to pull herself up into a sitting position. Since she isn't strong enough to do this she typically ends up on her tummy which always ends in her flailing her arms and legs desperately trying to move forward.
She is so inquisitive now. She will find the littlest specks of fuzz on my clothes and try to eat them.
I used to think these floppy seats were the dorkiest things ever. But now that Johanna is sitting in shopping carts and seeing how disgusting they were I wanted to try it out. Turns out I think they are great! They are so soft and fluffy and they have their own strap. My child likes to put everything in her mouth so this sold it for me.
The other cool thing about it is that you can use it on a highchair when you go out to eat!
Here are a few photos from my phone. She was so entertained with all the different aisles and bright lights. We were at Walmart so there was the obligatory people watching too....can you tell she is staring at someone interesting in the picture above?

Our reason for going to Wallyworld was to pick up Johanna's new lightweight stroller. Our jogging stroller is just a little too bulky to take out shopping so I wanted to get something a little smaller that took up less room in the car. This stroller is perfect and the best part is the handle bars are up high enough that we don't have to hunch over while pushing her like a lot of umbrella strollers. Well I think that about sums out our past week! Hope all is well with everyone :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I love all of the pictures. She looks so cute with her friend Noah. That grocery cart seat looks very comfortable. I like it better than the one I have- I might need to get one :) I hope you have a wonderful first Mother's Day!!! You are such a beautiful mommy :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johanna
    What a big girl! Shopping, playdates, bathtime
    whew..save a place for naptime:)
    Cutest baby girl ever and two parents that love and care for her so much, what a great post.

    love you
    mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes technology is out to get us...who needs E's in their words anyway...you should have written a blog post with out them and seen how many people could decipher it. :) looking good over there. but make sure your taking pics with that little girl...not just of her and daddy! :) i wanna see me some emily!

    ReplyDelete