I often put pictures of Johanna's happy face on her blog because those are the faces I like to remember and she is just such a cheerful little thing. But she can be a very serious baby too! Here are some shots of her concentrating very hard on her new block set we got at a consignment sale a few weeks ago.
Look at that little stinker!
Little hands love blocks.
This morning I was able to sleep in until 9:30 a.m. because Jeff was home to watch Johanna! This was great for 2 reason; Jeff had been gone for almost 3 weeks so it was great having him get some play time in and secondly I had been up from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. watching the royal wedding... I know, how lame am I? I hadn't planned on watching it but I woke up randomly at 2 and couldn't fall asleep. Once I started watching I couldn't just not watch up until the end so I found myself glued to the television. And just a little fun fact to further prove my nerdiness...I cried several times throughout the ceremony. The little choir boys choked me up and the vows of course! The Bride didn't even cry! I obviously have neither the poise or composure to be a princess...good thing I married a commoner ;)
Anyway the point in me telling you that was after I slept in we were able to go for a nice long walk to our favorite muffin shop, remember from back in my pregnant lady days? When we got there we discovered there was a new self serve yogurt place in the shopping complex so we decided to try that out instead. Frozen yogurt is practically regular yogurt which is an acceptable breakfast food. It was amazing I loved it! You got to chose your own flavors of frozen yogurt then put whatever toppings you wanted on top, delicious! And the best/worst thing is it's just walking distance from our house.
There's my happy baby!
Johanna also had her 6 month appointment. I swore I would keep proper documentation of all her stats but this appointment I failed to write anything down or get a print out. I know she weighed 16 lbs 10 oz and her head is growing and her body is growing I just don't remember by how much. Sorry Johanna... I can tell you it was all within normal range and you were within the 55-60%. The Doctor also gave us a prescription for her dry skin as needed. She only had 2 shots this time and cried for about a minute and calmed down as soon as I fed her. We won't be going back to the Doctor until she is a year old, I can't believe it!






She loves those blocks! It already looks like she could figure out how to build something. I wish I could have watched the wedding as well. Forgot to DVR it :(
ReplyDeleteI am glad Jeff is home! The yogurt does look very tasty- very nice that you can walk there. The walk will justify the treat once in awhile.
We were never good at writing down which shots he got etc. The nurses did it for us and I have them filed away, but I didn't keep track of it in his shot book. I need to go back and do it. That is cool she does not have a 9 month visit! We had to go back at 9 and 12- then 18 and 2 years. Now it is only once a year! * Until the new baby comes and then we will be back on the frequent flyer program.
Love you guys!! Enjoy your weekend.
I bet it is difficult to get a picture of her serious face...she is the most happy little girl I have ever met!
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to buy a house on your end of town so we can walk to the frozen yogurt place together.
Dang she is such a cutie!!! I love frozen yogurt!
ReplyDelete