Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Brave Birthday Part I

And now for picture overload! We all know how much I like themes and planning parties. For Johanna's second birthday I was excited she chose the movie Brave for her theme. (Well, I'm sure if I had given her the option Disney princesses would have been her first pic followed very closely by Minnie Mouse...)
I had a fun time thinking of different decoration ideas. Since the movie takes place in Scotland I made sure to use a bunch of tartan plaid as part of the color scheme.
 We made sure the soundtrack was playing off the computer. If you haven't seen the movie I highly suggest it, even if it's just for the music score!
A big part of the movie were these blue floating wisps. The will o’ the wisps are in a lot of Scottish folktales. They were said to lead you to treasure or doom to change your fate (again, you gotta see the movie!) I wrapped some fabric around tissue paper to imitate the wisps leading up to the front door then hung them from a clothesline leading to the kitchen.

 I hung posters from the movie we'd gotten from pre-ordering the movie. The cake was another Target special, they really do make a great cake! I had a couple kiddie snacks set up but my favorite were the teddy grahams. In the movie there are a lot of bears so it was the perfect treat!
 The star of the movie, Princess Merida has a crazy head of red hair. I made a couple headbands with curly red ribbon for the girls to wear to mimic the look.
  Baby Easton having a laugh with his bud baby JJ. They are two weeks apart and were just laughing at each other, so cute!
Last year we had a giant party so this year we decided to keep it a lot smaller. We had mostly family; Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Kara and Uncle Russ and cousins Tyler and Nathan. My Mom flew in from Ohio and my cousin Adrienne came in. We also had Johanna's best friend Etta and her family over as well as Johanna's Godfather, Brian. Then my friends Sara and Brittany and their kiddos as well.
The weather was perfect for grilling our meal of bbq chicken legs. You can bet that's where the boys spent most of their time!

No comments:

Post a Comment