Sunday, October 21, 2012

Finger Foods

 Of all the foods I made Johanna when she was a baby I never tried cauliflower! With all the health benefits it provides I wanted to see what JJ thought of it. Turns out it is a lot like mashed potatoes once pureed. Cool! If you have an older child who refuse to eat it, how about sneaking it into their potatoes? Johanna loves to crunch on the raw 'trees,' what a fun veggie that I often forget about!
You know what else I forgot about? Mango's! Ahh mango's and their fruity, juicy goodness. When Hanna was first starting out with big girl foods her favorite fruit was mango. I invested in a pampered chef mango slicer (amazing) and always had them stocked in my fridge. Then we ate too many, Johanna got bored of them and I stopped buying them. While stocking up on produce the other day I noticed the mango's sitting there calling our name.
Sure enough JJ loves the sweet and juicy taste too.
Nom..nom..nom..
"Okay, what's next?"
He had some fun trying to pick up some slippery bananas.

Bubs is always swiping his sister's sippy cup so I finally remembered to pick him up his own training cup at the store. (Much to Jeff's dismay, they only had a pink one ha!) He thinks it's pretty cool but is still working on figuring out how it works.  
Happy eating everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That's Penny's favorite sippy cup too! We love mangoes around here. I need a slicer too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding new foods is probably more fun for us mommies than it is for the babies! He's doing so great :) What a smart idea to add cauliflower to potatoes!

    ReplyDelete