I was anxiously waiting for the weekend to arrive since we had planned a trip to Anderson Farms in Erie, Colorado with the family. Have I mentioned how much I love pumpkin patches? This was the cream of the crop of them all!
Of course one of the requirements for a great pumpkin patch is the petting zoo and this one had a great one.
It was great because it had little bitty baby goats! The baby is being blocked by Johanna in this photo but he sure was cute.
Second requirement- ridiculously giant pumpkins...check!
Everyone hear about the family who got lost in the corn maze and called 911? This corn maze was a giant labyrinth in the shape of a horse and tractor and I could easily see how they panicked. We survived about a half hour in the corn before deciding to head out, good thing it was light out and we had Russ and Tyler to navigate their way out with the map!
Third requirement- fun children's play area...check!
Fourth requirement- tons and tons of lumpy bumpy orange pumpkins...check!
Johanna tried and tried with all her might to pick a pumpkin up.
Poor thing just couldn't get it!
We took a tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch. On the way we got to check out some of the cows from Anderson farm. There was also a big smelly buffalo but he was in a time out in a pen for jumping the cattle guard.
Fifth requirement- a pumpkin patch...check!
Johanna was overwhelmed with options.
And here is the winner!
The boys had to check out the pumpkin launcher. That sucker shot those pumpkins out pretty far, hope no one was out in the field!
There was an oil pumper (sorry Jeff, I don't remember its technical name...) that we had to take a picture of.
Johanna and I went on a bumpy ride in the barrel train. I'm glad Jeff didn't take a picture of me getting in and out of that thing. Not as easy as you would think!
What a great time at the pumpkin patch!





















THAT PUMPKIN PATCH LOOKS AMAZING! AMAZING! i told Brian he has to make some of those carts to haul behind our lawn mower!
ReplyDeleteI agree!! Lucky kids :) Love the mums picture...and the pumpkin launcher??
ReplyDelete