Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ballet and Doctors

Our first day of Mommy and Me ballet was a huge...HUGE...hit! Ms. Amy the teacher said she could tell she was going to have a great class, obviously she was talking about the amazing natural talent us Moms had... ha just kidding! I wasn't sure how Johanna would do but when I heard the Tangled theme song as warm up music I knew she'd have a ball. Each girl had their own little star they called 'home' and would stand there in first position. Ms. Amy taught them different moves; PliĆ©, Efface Devant, Pirouette, ummm tippie toes....ummm swirlies...ok so I really don't remember what we learned. But Johanna loved it! I was so surprised to see her bending her knees and pointing her toes. She had the biggest smile on her face during the whole class and after we were done she didn't want to leave. "No, Johanna stay! More dancing! More dancing!" SO CUTE! It is only a one month commitment for 16 dollars and I'm so glad we gave it a try.
 Today we had Johanna's 2 year appointment. I'm not going to lie I was so nervous. We all know how Johanna handled her 18 month appointment and I was expecting it to be even worse. I was so pleasantly surprised to find that Johanna did absolutely wonderful. I won't lie, she didn't like when I took her clothes off to be weighed (she really knew something was up) and she didn't like when the Doctor took a peek in her mouth (we are teaching better brushing habits which she of course despises). I must say I really love our Doctor. It is so neat to see her interacting with my kids, she is a very kind spirit and it just rubs off on them wonderfully. I even had a chance to talk to her more about JJ and had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders after. After her appointment Johanna was in such a good mood she was belting the lyrics from Rapunzel down the halls "WONDERING, and WONDERING, and WONDERING and WONDERRRRINNGGG when will my life beginnnnn." after I checked out she hollered to everyone "See you later, alligator. Bye bye peoples!" making everyone in the waiting room laugh. Such a crack up!
 
Stats were consistent with all previous records:
weight: 28lbs 1.5oz (68%)
height: 34" (54%)
head circumference: 19" (71%)
 Also, JJ got some big boy shoes today from the consignment store. I officially love boy shoes more than girl shoes :)

7 comments:

  1. Love those sexy ankles on JJ . Sooo happy Johanna does not mind the dr bet it helped she did not have to get a shot too. Please keep the ballet pics coming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I don't know if 'sexy' is quite the right word for his cankles.

      Delete
  2. Ballet was so fun!! I'm so glad ya'll decided to do it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast! She is still talking about it, can't wait for next week I've been practicing my moves... excpet not really ;)

      Delete
  3. To funny! crack up every time i read the post about dr.'s visit! Its like she was doing a show :) ok thats all for now bye people luv it
    So glad it was a good experience!
    J.J. roly poly- shoes are adorable, see boys can be fun :)


    ReplyDelete