Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Morning

After a late night we all slept in a little later than usual for Christmas morning. Finally around 8 the kids were ready to come downstairs to see what Santa brought.
They were a little overwhelmed at first and didn't even know where to begin! My favorite part about our Christmas morning this year was we woke up to a beautiful thick layer of white fluffy snow just covering the streets. It was just perfect!
We like to open stocking first then have breakfast then open our gifts. Johanna was so surprised to see that our stockings were no longer hanging above the fireplace but on the floor full of goodies.



'Nona enjoying her stocking gift
For breakfast I made cream cheese blueberry foldovers. They were very yummy and perfect for the cold day.
 JJ got to try his first batch of blueberries and he loved them of course.
After breakfast we moved on to the presents. It was so cute to see how excited little man was! I can't believe he wasn't here with us last Christmas, I can't imagine life without him.
We got this ship for Nathan last year and I knew it would be perfect for bubs as well. He loves it!
Santa brought JJ his choo-choo train
and Johanna her 'bicycle.'
My little sweet pea brought me her gift that she made me in school.
What a special gift!
We got to skype with my family while the kids opened their gifts. It was so nice to see them even though we couldn't be there in person. Johanna has been talking non stop about seeing her Nana and Papa so I am hoping to plan a trip to see them within the next couple months.

I've got to say Daddy did a super job with my gifts this year. I never ask for anything and truly mean it when I say you don't have to get me anything (and this goes for everyone too!!) but he always thinks of the kindest things to get me. I got an aquamarine pendant to go along with my tourmaline stone from last year,  JJ and Johanna's birthstones :) I also got some JJ charms for my pandora bracelet.
I can't believe I've gone 28 years without realizing there was a Disney parade on Christmas day! We figured it out just in time to watch it this year. JJ played with his pirate ship while pirates were on in the background of the parade.
 
Speaking of Disney another gift I got was a beautiful Dooney and Bourke Disney bag. I love it! The colors are beautiful and the pattern is so unique.
Can you spot Johanna's favorite part of my new purse?
And another favorite of my gifts, a fancy comfy robe and slippers!
 
When Jeff went shopping for my gifts he brought both kids along with him. My gifts have so much meaning because not only did he put a lot of thought into them, little Johanna helped too with the tough decisions like which clothes colors and lotion smells to get. Thanks for my beautiful red robe, Peanut! I love Christmas mornings with my little family and hope everyone else had beautiful mornings as well!

1 comment: